Meat is tenderized using lime juice and salt, its then sautéed with caramelized onions and whole spices. Spices are added to the meat, before transferring to an Instant pot with water and its cooked before transferring back to the Kadai or wok to dry up and slow cook. Salt, Yogurt Garam Masala is added and this dish once dry is finished off with chopped coriander!
|Sliced onions||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cinnamon stick||1 Inch|
|Crushed ginger||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Crushed garlic||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Red chilli powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped coriander||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Marinate the meat with lime juice and salt.
2. Heat some oil and fry the onions and add all the whole spices.
3. Cook till the onions caramelize.
4. Add more oil if needed and add all the meat.
5. Add the ginger and garlic and mix well.
6. Add the turmeric and chilli powder and mix well again.
7. Cook till the meat has a bit of a sear.
8. Add the water, close the instant pot, but the valve on sealing mode and set the pot to pressure cook for 15 mins.
9. After the pressure valve drops, add all the meat and liquid back to the kadai and cook for 10 - 15 mins till the gravy dries up.
10. Add salt to taste, yoghurt and garam masala.
11. When the gravy is dry, add the ghee and the chopped coriander.
12. Serve and enjoy!