In this stressful time people are looking for simple, adaptable, recipes that use canned goods or food that's in the pantry. This is a simple easy pasta recipe that uses canned beans.
|Italian sausage||4 (casings removed)|
|Cannellini beans||1 Can (10 oz) (drained and rinsed)|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Pinch|
|Dried rosemary||1 Pinch|
|White wine||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cherry tomatoes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry pasta||12 Ounce|
|Finely grated hard aged italian cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Start a pot of salted water for the pasta.
2. Heat olive oil in a large pot, add the sausage meat and break up while frying.
3. When the sausage has browned, add in the beans and the seasonings.
4. Stir and cook until the beans start tp break down.
5. Add in the wine and scrape up the fond on the bottom of the pot.
6. Start cooking the pasta.
7. Cook the meat and beans until the wine has mostly evaporated.
8. Cook the pasta ¾ of the way done, then transfer to the pot with the sausage.
9. Stir everything together then add ½ the grated cheese, and some of the pasta water.
10. Stir vigorously, melting the cheese and creating a sauce.
11. Add the remaining cheese and as much pasta water as needed to create a sauce to your liking.
12. Stir in the frozen peas.
13. Serve & Enjoy!