A gorgeous leg of Lamb is painted with holiday spices, stuffed with Garlic and Rosemary, studded with cloves, and roasted on top of veg for a fabulous holiday feast.
|Rosemary leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Clove powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Pomegranate molasses||1 Tablespoon|
|Clementine||1/2 , juiced|
|Lamb leg||2 Kilogram (about 4.4 lbs)|
|Garlic||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rosemary||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery stick||1 (about 1/2 cup)|
|Mushrooms||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch slurry||3 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare a paste by mixing together the chopped rosemary leaves, cumin powder, paprika, cinnamon and clove powders, salt, olive oil, pomegranate molasses and clementine juice.
2. Leave your lamb leg out of the fridge for an hour and then make slits in the flesh horizontally.
3. Brush the marinade on both sides of the lamb.
4. Slit each garlic clove in half and insert into the slits.
5. Alternate with small sprigs of rosemary.
6. Pierce the flesh with cloves.
7. Place this on the roasting tray.
8. At the bottom of the pan add the onion, whatever garlic and rosemary is left over, celery and mushrooms.
9. Roast in a 350-degree oven for 30 – 45 mins or to your preferred time for doneness.
10. Remove and allow the lamb to rest.
11. Pour the stock over the veg and thicken with cornstarch and cook either in a pot or straight in the hot roasting pan and return to the oven for another 10 mins for the sauce to thicken up.
12. Serve and enjoy!