Brisket is marinated Goan style, then seared and slow-cooked for hours with onions and chillies, once cooked its stored overnight in the fridge. Then skimmed for excess fat and oven-roasted with onions and potatoes. The brisket just falls apart and the gravy is delicious. Perfect to serve as a main or even in sandwiches!
|Beef brisket||1 1/2 Kilogram|
|Lime||1 , juiced|
|Kashmiri chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger garlic paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Sliced onions||2 Cup (32 tbs) , divided (in total)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm) (cut in half)|
|Beef stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Trim off the excess fat on the Brisket and add the lime juice, salt, pepper, chilli powder, turmeric, ginger and garlic paste.
2. Poke the meat with cloves and add the vinegar.
3. Marinate overnight.
4. Heat some oil and saute the onions and garlic till they caramelize and place in a crockpot.
5. Add a bit more oil to the hot oil and sear the meat on all sides.
6. Place the meat over the onions, add the beef stock and cook for 8 hrs.
7. After 8 hours, refrigerate.
8. The next morning place the meat in an ovenproof dish with the onions and potatoes and roast the meat for an hour and let the onions and potatoes go longer till cooked.
9. Scrape the fat out of the meat jus and heat it up till it thickens up a bit.
10. Remove the meat and shred and serve with the caramelized onions, potatoes and jus.