Welcome Friends! Welcome back to the kitchen and "Cocktails 101" where we're going through all of the background stuff that you need to get ready for your first, or next cocktail party.
Today we're going to make real grenadine syrup, which is just pomegranate flavoured simple syrup. Grenadine serves a bunch of different purposes in cocktails first the colour, that nice bright red colour that it brings, sweetness because essentially it's just a pomegranate flavoured simple syrup, and just that hint of pomegranate flavour.
|Fresh pomegranate juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Demerara sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pomegranate molasses||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange blossom water||1 Teaspoon|
1. Combine pomegranate juice, sugar, molasses in a small pot over medium heat.
2. Stir while heating to dissolve sugars completely.
3. When sugar is fully dissolved, remove from heat and allow to cool to room temp.
4. Stir in Orange blossom water, and vodka.
5. Store in a sealable container in the fridge. Will keep for at least 8 weeks.