I love marinated chicken and this recipe will soon become your go to favourite, my family has been marinating steaks like this for decades so its tried and tested and guaranteed to be the best!
|Dried onion flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Smoked paprika||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1. So theres two stages to the marinade, a dry and wet. Let’s start off with the dry ingredients, into a bowl add in 1 tablespoon of dried onion flakes followed up by 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika. Hit it with 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of salt and finally 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Give everything a good mix around until combined and then let’s add in the wet stuff.
2. Firstly add in 1 tablespoon of soy sauce followed up by 1 tablespoon of honey and finally add 1 tablespoon of ketchup and give everything a good mix around. So you can see the flavours developing here, they all go together and combined with the chicken are a match made in heaven. These are ingredients most people have in the kitchen already so you don’t have to go out and buy anything fancy.
3. Now too marinade, into a container I spoon over the marinade on the base just to make sure the chicken is evenly coated. Then I am placing in 1 chicken breast that I’ve halved but you can use drumsticks, wings the thighs or even place it over the whole chicken for roasting its completely up to you. Pour over the rest of the marinade and place it in the fridge overnight or at the very least an hour. You’ll always get better results when the chicken and the marinade have had time to Netflix and chill in the fridge together.
4. I’m going to grill the chicken but you can air fry it, bbq it or sauté it - its completely up to you. Get the pan up to a medium heat, not too hot otherwise the sugars in the marinade will burn easily but hot enough you get some good deep dark colours on the chicken. Obviously cooking times vary depending on the cut but generally anywhere from 8-10 minutes turning occasionally is good. Don’t waste that marinade either, pour it all over.
5. You serve this up anyway you want, I’m throwing some fresh parsley over the top because it made a better thumbnail for the video - plus it contributes to having a plant on the dish. This is the best marinade you can have for chicken, its delicious and universally loved so please give it a try.