Lacto Fermented Hot Pepper Hot Pepper Sauce Recipe. Welcome Friends! Welcome back to the kitchen it's October and so we have pulled out our garden and we've got the last of the hot peppers that we didn't pickle or can earlier in the season. So today I'm going to start a homemade lacto fermented hot pickled pepper sauce recipe - or even just lactose fermented pickled peppers, you don't even need to make this into a sauce. Once the hot peppers are lactose fermented you can eat them as is.
|Filtered water||1 Liter (1000 g)|
|Onion||1 , chop|
|Carrot||1 , chop|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) , smashed|
1. This recipe can be scaled to any size - as long as you make a 5% salt water brine by weight.
2. Roughly chop the peppers and other veg.
3. Place in a large jar or crock.
4. Pour over the brine, and press down the veg to release any air.
5. Weight down the veg to keep it below the level of the brine.
6. Throw a tea towel over top and leave on the counter out of direct sunlight for at least 3-4 weeks.
7. Serve and enjoy!