When a simple pork and beans recipes aren't enough, or perhaps a baked bean recipe isn't giving you everything that you want - this easy simple Pork Belly Beans And Bacon Recipe is what you need.
|Pork belly||500 Gram (1 pound, cut up)|
|Bacon slices||5 , chop (thick)|
|Onions||2 , chop|
|Carrots||2 , chop|
|Garlic||3 , mince|
|Tomato paste||30 Milliliter (2 tbsp)|
|Red pepper flakes||10 Milliliter (2 tsp)|
|Fancy molasses||30 Milliliter (2 tbsp)|
|Dijon mustard||30 Milliliter (2 tbsp)|
|Canned beans||540 Milliliter , drained, rinsed (3 cans)|
|Chicken stock||500 Milliliter (2 cups)|
1. Preheat oven to 300ºF.
2. In a heavy cast iron braiser, or oven safe pan, brown off the belly and bacon.
3. Add in the onion and carrot and fry to soften.
4. Crush in the garlic.
5. Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Season with black pepper and red pepper flakes.
7. Stir in the molasses, mustard, and beans.
8. Continue cooking while stirring to coat everything.
9. Stir in the chicken stock, and lay the rosemary on top.
10. Place in the oven, uncovered, for 2-3 hours.
11. Check occasionally to see if you need to add more liquid.
12. Serve and enjoy!