Methi Chicken is winter special chicken main course recipe. its is also know as Fenugreek Chicken or Murg Methi.Methi Chicken or Murg Methi is a winter special chicken main course recipe with contains the healthy fenugreek / methi leaves in it. This winter recipe is full with spices and the chicken gravy adds in the flavour of methi. Make this healthy and nutritious main course recipe for your kids and family during this winter season.
|For methi chicken:|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Red onion||100 Gram , chop|
|Masala paste||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (see the ingredients below)|
|Fresh fenugreek leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For masala mixture:|
|Yogurt||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon , crush|
|Red chilli powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1 Teaspoon|
FOR MASALA MIXTURE:
1. Take a bowl, add yogurt, turmeric powder, crushed coriander seeds, red chilli powder, ginger-garlic paste and garam masala powder. Mix them well and keep them aside.
FOR METHI CHICKEN:
1. Heat oil and ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds, bay leaves, finely chopped onion and salt.
2. Stir them till the onion becomes soft and golden-brown in colour.
3. Add masala mixture, mix it and cook this on high flames till it releases oil.
4. Now add chicken pieces and fresh fenugreek leaves to it. Mix it and let it cook on high flame for 2-3 min.
5. Once the chicken pieces are seared in high flame, add water to it. 6. Cover it with lid cook on low flame for 20 minutes.
7. Turn off the flame and let the steam settle for 10 minutes. Now your Methi Chicken is ready to be served!