1932 Country Beans Recipe. Welcome Friends! Welcome to another Sunday morning where we make recipes out of old cookbooks and so far we've been really sort of concentrating on Depression years 1928 to 1938 and so today we're going to do another Depression Era recipe called Country Beans. This is a great vegetable side dish for any meal.
|Bacon slices||6 , chop|
|Onion||1 , chop|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beans||1 Ounce (1 tin, stringless)|
1. Fry the bacon, then remove to a platter.
2. Fry the onion in the bacon grease until translucent, and then add the tomatoes.
3. Add the beans and cook through.
4. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve with the bacon sprinkled on top.