1930's Creamed Brains Recipe. Today we cook brains in a cream sauce, following a 1930 depression era recipe. Eating brains isn't just for zombies.
|Cooked sliced mushrooms||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated nutmeg||To Taste|
1. Clean boil and chop brains.
2. Fry in butter until crisp, then season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
3. Make a white sauce by melting the butter over medium heat and stirring in the flour.
4. Cook until flour just starts to brown, and then stir in milk.
5. Cook sauce until it’s the consistency of cream.
6. Add the mushrooms and brains to the sauce.
7. Serve in the cooked pastry shells.