If youre wanting something different for breakfast which is low carb, keto friendly, sugar and gluten free then this simple recipe for you!
|Unsweetened shredded coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened coconut flakes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flaked almonds||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pepitas||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chia seeds||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sunflower seeds||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Melted coconut oil||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. So to start I place in shredded coconut followed by coconut flakes. Next I add flaked almonds, pepitas, sunflower seeds and chia seeds.
2. I then add cinnamon which is such an amazing flavour first thing in the morning, then add in your sugar substitute in my case thats stevia, then I add in vanilla extract and finally coconut oil.
3. Mix everything together really well, now at this stage you might be thinking why add the oil? It helps binds everything but also keeps the mixture fresh while storing it in the fridge.
4. But to really enhance all these flavours place the mixture on a lined baking tray and spread out. Now place the mixture into a preheated oven at 150c or 300f for 30—35 minutes.
5. Every 5 minutes just take out of the oven and stir so nothing gets burned and everything toasts evenly. Leave the mixture to cool completely.
6. Serve with your preferred nut based milk, almond milk is especially nice.
Once cooled you can keep the mixture in an air tight container, I keep it in the fridge personally and give it a good mix every time before eating it. Its everything you want in a cereal, crunchy and full of flavour thats good for you. It also makes a great trail mix to snack on during the day too.