Glen Makes Gordon Ramsay's Beef Short Ribs - and these are the best slow braised beef short ribs ever. Slow cooking beef short ribs ensures that they are fall off the bone tender and full of flavour.
|Beef short ribs||2 Pound|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon (use as required)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic head||1 Large|
|Red wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Beef stock/Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pancetta lardon||150 Gram|
|Button mushrooms||250 Gram (small)|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
1. Preheat oven to 170ºC (325ºF).
2. Cut the beef ribs into 1 bone portions and season with salt and pepper.
3. In a heavy oven proof pan heat olive oil over med high heat. Brown the ribs on all sides.
4. Add the tomato paste and cook it down for 1-2 minutes.
Add the garlic, cut side down, and then add the wine.
Bring to a boil, and cook the wine down until reduced by half.
5. Add the stock until the ribs are nearly covered.Put a lid on or cover with foil and place in the oven for 3-4 hours.
6. Minutes before the short ribs are done, fry off the pancetta.
7. Add the mushrooms to the pancetta pan and fry until the just start to release their moisture.
8. Pull the ribs from the oven and pour the sauce / drippings through a sieve and press all the flavour from the garlic.
9. Serve the ribs with the pancetta mushrooms on top and drizzle with the sauce.