The sweet crunchy combination on these Chicken Wings makes the most amazing party snack!
|Coriander seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm)|
|Honey||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken winglets||2 1/2 Kilogram ((wings with tips removed, halved at the knuckle)|
|Almonds||2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Shelled pistachios||2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. So firstly lets get started on the marinade, into a bowl I add my spices, firstly ground coriander seed, next I am adding ground cumin seeds along with some cinnamon.
2. For some freshness I zest 1 lemon, add crushed garlic, hit it with some sweet honey and finally some olive oil to bind everything.
3. Mix it well until well combined and I then add my chicken wings, now the wings I have here I have cut the wing tips, they burn easily and have next to no meat on them so just discard them. Move the wings around and get them coated all over in that sweet spice mix.
4. Lay the wings out onto a baking tray lined with foil or baking paper, and place them into a wreathed oven at 220C or 430f for 30 minutes.
5. While the wings are cooking get started on your nut crumb, into a food processor or mortar and pestle place in pistachio, Walnuts and almonds. Break them down into small chunks and leave aside.
6. Now bring the wings out of the oven and reduce the temperature to 200c or 400F, and place the nuts over both sides of the wings, place back into the oven for a further 10 minutes or until the nuts have roasted slightly.
7. I always serve this up family style where everyone can just get stuck into them, I don’t let any of the mixture go to waste, if its on the tray put it on the wings, you don’t want to miss out on any of that sweet, spiced mixed nuts over that tender juicy chicken that just melts in your mouth with every bite.