This easy, creamy, lemon squeezy (hehe) pasta is everything you could want! The Springtime asparagus and peas are always delicious, especially paired with a light ricotta cream sauce and lots of lemon. Yum!
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Baby bella mushroom||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|White wine||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Full fat ricotta||15 Ounce|
|Pasta||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Pasta water||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh grated parmesan cheese||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh chopped basil||To Taste|
|Lemon zest||To Taste|
|Fresh grated parmesan cheese||To Taste|
1. In a pot of boiling salted water add in the pasta. Heat up a large pan on medium high heat and add the oil and butter.
2. To the pan add in the chopped shallots and cook until translucent, about a minute or so. To the shallot add the minced garlic and a little sprinkle of salt and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3. To the pan add in the diced asparagus and mushrooms, letting them cook about 4-5 minutes until the asparagus looks bright green. Add the white wine, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the pan to deglaze. Turn the heat down to medium and give another liberal sprinkle of salt and pepper.
4. Add in the peas and let them cook until bright green, about 30 seconds or so. Add in the Ricotta and stir to combine. The mixture will appear a little lumpy but that is from the ricotta so don’t worry! Let it simmer while you check the pasta.
5. Once the pasta is done (it should be by now) strain it and add it into the pan along with a tablespoon of pasta water.
6. Give it a good stir, season with more salt, grate in the Parmesan, and let it simmer for about 2 minutes
7 Now it’s time to serve! Add the pasta to your bowl and top with more fresh grated Parmesan, some chopped fresh basil, and a little grated lemon zest. Now THAT’S what I call a delicious pasta!