This no added sugar chocolate bar is perfect for those who love chocolate but want something with much less sugar!
|Milk powder/Coffee creamer||6 Tablespoon|
|Cacao powder||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Cocoa butter||100 Gram|
|Powdered erythritol||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. So to get started, into a bowl add melted unsalted butter, along with full cream milk powder - this is going to give us that creamy chocolate texture - and this amount isn’t enough to kick you out of ketosis if you’re following Keto.
2. Whisk it all together until its start to clump, next add the cacao powder which is lower in sugar than cocoa and in my opinion has a richer chocolate flavour.
3. Whisk the cacao until it also starts to clump with the butter and milk powder. Finally add in powdered sugar substitute, today I’m using Erythritol which you can find in the stores real easily.
4. Again mix this in really well and this is when everything will start to come together, at first you might think you need more butter but the more you work the powdered sugar substitute in the looser the mixture will become.
5. Now you’ll notice its quite lumpy at this stage and thats normal, but we don’t want lumpy chocolate - so what I do to get a smoother texture is blitz it with a stick blender for around 5 minutes. It will become much smoother and easy to work with.
6 I place the chocolate mix into moulds, you can buy these online really cheap and they come in handy for recipes like this, just spoon over the mix and then using a pallet knife level off the bottom and keep the excess for another mould.
7. Make sure you also tap the mould on the bench just to get any air bubbles out and to make sure the chocolate has gone into all the corners.
8. You can see you can change up the moulds, here Im using a snack size rather than the big block, you use exactly the same method.
9. Place in the fridge for 4-6 hours to firm completely and then take out of the mould just by popping them out.
10. I keep the chocolate in the fridge, it retains its snap when you do and when you bite into it, it will be creamy smooth and full over chocolate without feeling gritty. Regardless of whether you are on a keto or low carb diet, give this homemade chocolate a try, you’ll love it. Enjoy!