Chicken Fry is a simple recipe with a super simple name. The spices and cut of Chicken can vary but the concept of this recipe is to create an amazing marinade, almost like a thick pakora batter that will stick onto the chicken when fried. And if anything fried isnt delicious enough, this chicken is fried twice!
|Lime||1 , juiced|
|Chopped ginger||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped green chillies||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm)|
|Sliced onion||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (or as required)|
|Chicken wings||2 Pound|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Chaat masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Corn starch||1 Tablespoon|
|Gram flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry leaves||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Process the marinade ingredients this till it comes to a paste adding water as required.
2. Add the chicken to a bowl and scrape all that ground ginger, garlic, onion and chilli out into the bowl.
3. Add the yogurt and the powdered spices, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add the gram and rice flour and mix well.
5. Heat up some oil, add some curry leaves and deep fry for 15-20 mins till crisp on both sides and keep aside and cook the rest of the chicken.
6. Once done leave the chicken to rest for 15 - 20 mins.
7. Clean the oil of the debris and refry the chicken a second time when ready.
8. Serve and enjoy!