We Made Jamie Oliver's Chicken In Milk Recipe - and it's amazing! The roast chicken was moist and had a delicate subtle flavour that permeated the meat. This easy chicken dinner recipe is a fantastic family meal.
|Whole chicken||1 1/2 Kilogram (about 3 pound)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||60 Gram (about 1/4 cup)|
|Fresh sage||2 Tablespoon (about a handful)|
|Milk||500 Milliliter (about 2 cups)|
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
2. Coat the chicken with olive oil and then season all over with salt and pepper.
3. Melt ½ the butter in a cast iron Dutch oven on high heat.
4. Sear the chicken in the butter, turning to get a nice golden colour all over.
5. While the chicken is searing, cut the garlic bulb in half, and zest the lemons.
6. About halfway, remove the chicken, pour off the burnt butter, and add the second half of the butter.
7. Return the chicken and continue browning / searing the skin.
8. Remove the chicken, and again pour off the burnt butter.
9. Put the garlic, lemon zest, sage, and cinnamon stick into the pot.
10. Return the chicken to the pot and pour over the milk.
11. Squeeze the juice of one lemon over top.
12. Place in the oven for about an hour, or until cooked through.
13. Serve and enjoy!