Rob walks you through a simple step-by-step guide on how to cook the perfect steak along with a mouth watering steak onion recipe.
|Scotch fillet/Ribeye fillet||6|
|Freshly chopped chives||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (optional)|
|Dry steak rub:|
|Smoked paprika||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Liquid smoke flavoring||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. Mix together the spice and herbs, if cooking for just 1 or 2 steaks you can keep the rest of the dry rub in an air tight container for future use.
2. Cover the steaks on all sides and gently press down. Place in a zip lock bag.
3. Now mix together the soy sauce and liquid smoke until well combined and add to the zip lock bag. Lock the bag and mix the marinade all over the steak. Place in the fridge for 1 or more hours.
4. Preheat the air fryer at 200c/400f for 5 minutes with the grill plate/basket inside.
5. Then place the steak into the air fryer and cook for 6 minutes turning once.
6. Leave to rest for several minutes before serving. Enjoy!