Pesto, as you know, is a famous Italian sauce that combines nuts, garlic and basil. This particular recipe adds a new dimension to pesto by introducing coriander, onions and green chillies into it! These ingredients give the pesto a very peppy flavour and unbeatable aroma, while a dose of butter and fresh cream give it an awesomely creamy texture. This all-new Pesto and Coriander Sauce matches perfectly with fettuccine pasta. Together with Garlic Bread, the Veg Fettuccine Pasta in Pesto and Coriander Sauce makes a tasty and wholesome meal.
|Cooked fettuccine||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|For the pesto coriander sauce:|
|Chopped coriander||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (dhania)|
|Basil leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (akhrot)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped garlic||1 Tablespoon (lehsun)|
|Chopped onions||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped green chillies||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli flakes||1 Teaspoon (paprika)|
|Fresh cream||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated processed cheese||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
FOR THE PESTO AND CORIANDER SAUCE:
1. Combine the coriander, basil leaves, walnuts, olive oil, garlic, onions, green chillies and salt in a mixer and blend to a smooth paste without using any water. Keep aside.
2. Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the chilli flakes and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
3. Add the prepared pesto coriander paste, fresh cream, salt and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
1. To make veg fettuccine pasta in pesto and coriander sauce, just before serving re-heat the prepared sauce, add the fettuccine, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
2. Garnish with cheese and serve immediately with garlic bread.