This is a great, easy, tasty, weeknight chicken dinner that makes the most of a one-pot chicken recipe! The combination of lemon and white wine is incredible, and pan frying in cast iron before braising in the oven makes a delicious tasing moist chicken with crispy skin! It's almost like chicken piccata... except different.
|Chicken thighs||4 (skin on and bone in)|
|Shallots||120 Gram , quartered (about 4)|
|Limon||1/2 , slice|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm) , mince|
|Olive oil||30 Milliliter (2 tbsp)|
|White wine||125 Milliliter (1/2 cup)|
|Chicken stock||175 Milliliter (3/4 cup)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a large heavy-based dutch oven or pan over high heat.
4. Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden.
5. Add the shallots, lemon, garlic and thyme, getting the lemon slices to the bottom.
6. Add the wine to the pan and cook for 30 seconds, scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon.
7. Add the stock and bring to a boil.
8. Roast in the oven for 30--35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
9. Serve with rice, couscous, or roasted veg.