Low and slow is the key to a great Oven Braised Brisket - and this Beer-Braised Brisket with onions and grainy mustard is amazing!
This is an easy slow-cooked meal, that can be paired with just about any veg... but mashed potatoes are great to soak up that sauce!
|Clarified butter||45 Milliliter (3 tbsp)|
|Yellow onions||4 Large|
|Veg oil||30 Milliliter (2 tbsp)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Beef brisket||4 Pound|
|Beer||2 Cup (32 tbs) (500 mL)|
|Grainy mustard||4 Tablespoon (45 mL)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon (30 mL)|
|Marmite||1 Tablespoon (15 mL)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm) , mince|
1. Preheat oven to 160ºC (325°F).
2. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, melt the butter.
3. Add the sliced onions and cook, stirring every few minutes, until evenly caramelised.
4. Season the brisket with the remaining salt and pepper.
5. Remove onions from the pan and set aside.
6. In the same pan add the veg oil and increase the heat up to medium-high.
7. Place in the brisket and brown for 3-5 minutes on each side.
8. Remove the brisket and add the beer, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic, and Marmite.
9. Scrape up the fond from the bottom of the pan and add the onions.
10. Top with the brisket and cover tightly with a lid.
11. Place in the oven and cook for 3-4 hours.
12. Serve and enjoy!