This is a super fast weeknight shrimp pasta recipe. The whole thing comes together in the time it takes to cook dry pasta, even faster if you use fresh. The shrimp in a white wine sauce, with just a hint of hot pepper is very delicate... you'll be back for seconds. Frozen shrimp work well in this dish, and you should have everything else in your pantry.
Because this is so quick - make sure you have everything laid out before you start.
|Spaghetti/Fettuccine||500 Gram ((1 pound))|
|Extra virgin olive oil||60 Milliliter ((4 tbsp))|
|Red pepper flakes||5 Milliliter ((1 tsp))|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) ((thickly sliced))|
|Cherry tomatoes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||3 Tablespoon ((45 mL, plus extra for serving))|
|Shrimps||500 Gram ((1 pound, cleaned and cut into 1" pieces))|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon ((2 mL))|
|Pepper||1/2 Teaspoon ((2 mL))|
|White wine||250 Milliliter ((1 cup))|
|Lemon||1/2 , juiced|
1. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package - timing it to be done around the time the shrimp is cooked.
2. In large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium.
3. Add the red pepper flakes and stir well.
4. Add the garlic and cook until the flavors infuse the oil, stirring constantly.
5. Add the tomatoes, and chopped parsley and cook until tomatoes are heated through.
6. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the shrimp.
7. Cook, stirring constantly until the shrimp is almost pink.
8. Add salt, pepper.
9. Add the wine and lemon juice, simmer over medium heat, stirring until the wine reduces.
10. Pull the pasta directly from the cooking water and add it to the shrimp.
11. Stir, using any pasta water to thicken the wine sauce.
12. Remove from the heat add the optional parsley when serving.
13. Serve and enjoy!