If there is one item I always tell new cooks to keep in their pantry is rice. Especially quick-cooking rice like Minute Rice. It can be pulled out and added or mixed with so many other meals and its doggone easy to get creative with. It beefs up meal time to make it more filling and you can add just about any flavor to it.
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Taco seasoning||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Minute rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (uncooked)|
|Salsa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a large skillet, brown and crumble ground beef.
2. Drain excess grease.
3. Add in taco seasoning and water.
4. Stir well and allow mixture to come to a boil.
5. Turn down heat, then add in uncooked Minute Rice and stir.
6. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes (until rice is tender.)
7. Then remove the lid and stir in salsa and cheese.
8. Turn off the heat.
9. Serve with diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce and sour cream.