This is an easy and quick weeknight chicken sheet-pan dinner, that can be on the table in no time. The combination of chicken and chickpeas is great, and the subtle spices are amazing. But you could definitely jump up the spiciness.
|Chicken thighs||8 (or other parts)|
|Plain yogurt||175 Milliliter (3/4 cup)|
|Ground turmeric||35 Milliliter (3 tsp in total)|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon||1 , juice extracted|
|Canned chickpeas||30 Ounce , drained, rinsed|
|Fennel seeds||1 Tablespoon (15 mL)|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon (5 mL)|
|Onion||1 Large , thinly sliced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (30 mL)|
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Mix yogurt, turmeric, salt and pepper, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
3. Add chicken and toss to coat evenly.
4. Let sit at least 30 minutes at room temperature, or overnight in the refrigerator.
5. Place oven rack on the top third of the oven and heat to 220ºC (425ºF).
6. Combine chickpeas, turmeric, fennel seed, cumin, salt and pepper, onion slices and a drizzle of oil on a rimmed ¼ baking sheet, and toss to coat.
7. Spread the chickpeas evenly on the pan and place the chicken on top.
8. Bake, until the chicken, is cooked - 45 minutes or so.
9. Serve and enjoy!