Addictively tasty and attractively crumbly, this Gems-studded cookie dough is something worth digging into. Edible Cookie Dough can be relished as such, or used as a base for dessert like cheesecake. It is quite easy to make, eggless, and with minimal ingredients. You can make different variants of the same dough by using chocolate chips, Oreo biscuits or peanut butter instead of Gems. For a richer taste, you can replace Demerara sugar with brown sugar. Cookie dough must not be smooth but crumbly, which is what makes it so awesome to munch on!
|Demerara sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Plain flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (maida)|
|Vanilla essence||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Soft butter||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Gems||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
1. Blend the demerara sugar in a mixer to a fine powder. Keep aside.
2. Put the plain flour in a deep non-stick pan and dry roasts on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
3. Combine the demerara sugar, vanilla essence, butter and salt in a deep bowl and mix well with a spoon for 3 minutes or till the mixture turns smooth and no lumps remain.
4. Add the milk and dry roasted plain flour and mix very well to form a crumbly dough without using any water.
5. Add the gems and mix well.
6. Serve immediately.