Succulent beef short ribs and cooked in rich red wine for an out-of-this-world meal!
|Beef short ribs||1 1/2 Kilogram (2 to 3 lbs)|
|Cabernet/Pinot noir||1 Bottle (1 l)|
|Beef broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm) , peeled (smashed)|
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Pat ribs dry and salt and pepper all sides.
3. Melt 2 T butter in Large Dutch oven.
4. Add ribs and brown on all sides.
5. Remove ribs and add garlic until softened but not browned.
6. Pour in red wine, boil until it reduces to about 1 cup.
7. Add ribs and any juices that have seeped out back in the post along with the beef broth.
8. Cover pot and put in oven until meat almost falls off bones about 3 hours.
9. After 3 hours. Remove pan from oven.
10. Scoop out ribs to a platter and cover to keep warm.
11. Skim off any fat from top of the broth.
12. Simmer about 10 minutes to thicken.
13. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
14. Put ribs back in broth and serve.