This Faux-B-Q Brisket Oven Barbecue Brisket recipe, gives you the feeling of a slow smoked BBQ Beef Brisket. But you cook it in your oven. This could also be a slow cooker BBQ Beef Brisket recipe - just follow up to the point we put it in the oven, but instead, put it in a slow cooker on low for 8-10 hours.
|Brown sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Paprika||1 Teaspoon (5 mL)|
|Ground black pepper||2 Teaspoon (10 mL)|
|Dry yellow mustard||1 Tablespoon (15 mL)|
|Chipotle chili powder||2 Teaspoon (10 mL)|
|Coarse salt||1 1/2 Teaspoon (7 mL)|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon (5 mL)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon (15 mL)|
|Vinegar||30 Milliliter (2 tbsp)|
|Beef brisket||2 Kilogram (4 to 5 pounds)|
1. Preheat the oven to 150ºC (300ºF).
2. Mix everything but the brisket in a bowl to make a loose paste.
3. Rub the mix all over the brisket, and place in a braiser with a heavy lid.
4. If your pan doesn't have a tight fitting lid / or is much larger than the brisket - wrap it in foil, to keep it juicy!
5. Cook the brisket for 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
6. It is done when the internal temperature reaches 85ºC (185ºF).
7. When it's done, you can slather some of your fave BBQ sauce on top and place under the broiler to char.
8. Serve and enjoy!