Glen's Easiest Turkey Dinner - Turkey Tray Bake - is a fast easy recipe to cook a full meal of turkey and vegetables on a weeknight. In under an hour and a half, you can prepare this entire meal on one sheet pan.
|Squash||1 Small , peeled (and cut up)|
|Onions||4 , peeled|
|Melted butter||125 Milliliter (1/2 cup)|
|Maple syrup||60 Milliliter (1/4 cup)|
|Herbs de provence||15 Milliliter (1 tbsp)|
|Turkey thighs||2 (about 750g, bone in)|
1. Preheat oven to 220ºC (425ºF).
2. Prepare the vegetables so that they are all about the same size as the the turkey thighs.
3. The most important part of this recipe is that they are all around the same size, so they cook at the same rate.
4. In a big bowl, toss the veg with ½ the melted butter, ½ the maple syrup, and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Arrange the veg in a single layer on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
6. In the same bowl, toss the thighs with the remaining butter, maple syrup, salt, pepper, and herbs.
7. Arrange the thighs on the sheet pan, sprinkle pour any butter and syrup from the bowl over the thighs.
8. Bake for 45 - 60 minutes, or until internal temp of the Turkey thighs is 170ºF.
9. Serve and enjoy!
1. Use any herb mixture you like - Poultry seasoning, etc. Even spice it up with jerk rub.
2. Dark late harvest maple syrup works best with this type of cooking - it has a deeper richer maple flavour.