Our Creamy Buttery Potato Stacks With Crispy Edges recipe is an amazing side dish for any dinner party... or weeknight.
|Butter||45 Gram (45 mL / 3 Tbsp)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Fresh thyme leaves||5 Milliliter (1 tsp)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Potatoes||1 Kilogram (1 pound, dry or starchy)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190C).
2. Grease a 6 jumbo cup muffin tin and set aside.
3. Place butter in a small saucepan over low heat and melt.
4. In a mortar and pestle, crush together the salt, pepper, garlic, and thyme.
5. Add the spice mix to the butter; heat gently and allow the flavours to steep.
6. Cut the potatoes into paper thin slices,(about 1/16" or 1.5 mm thick) using a mandoline.
7. Place potato slices into a large bowl and add melted butter mixture.
8. Mix thoroughly to coat evenly.
9. Layer the potato slices into stacks and place in the prepared muffin cups.
10. Bake until the edges and tops are golden brown and the centres are tender, about an hour.
11. Remove from the oven, let them rest for 5 minutes then remove from pan.
12. Serve and enjoy!
You can easily add any cheese you like to this recipe.