This Herb Roasted Turkey Thighs - Turchetta - Recipe is so easy to cook, and gives you juicy, succulent turkey thighs every time with that crispy turkey skin that everyone loves!
|Thyme sprigs||3 (leaves removed)|
|Fresh rosemary leaves||10|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) , peeled|
|Fennel seeds||1 Tablespoon , crush (about 15 mL)|
|Red pepper flakes||1/2 Teaspoon (about 2 mL)|
|Coarse salt||1 Teaspoon (about 5 mL)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon (about 5 mL)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (about 30 mL)|
|Boneless turkey thighs||2 (about 500g / 1 pound)|
1. Heat oven to 220ºC (425ºF).
2. In a mortar and pestle grind together: thyme, sage, rosemary, garlic, fennel seeds, chili flakes, salt, pepper, and oil.
3. Butterfly the thickest part of the thigh, and pull the skin back halfway.
4. Score the meat side of the turkey thighs, and rub in the spice mix.
5. Tightly roll up the thighs, starting at the end you pulled away the skin from.
6. Wrap the skin fully around the outside, and tie with kitchen twine.
7. Rub some olive oil over the skin, and sprinkle on salt and pepper.
8. Set turkey in a ¼ sheet pan, seam side down.
9. Roast for 45 - 60 minutes.
10. Internal temperature when cooked should be 170ºF.
11. If the skin needs more browning, place under the broiler.
12. Remove from oven.
13. Let meat rest 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
14. Serve and enjoy!