Learn how to cook Chicken perfectly every time with the best potato mash you will ever have!
|For the chicken:|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Duck fat||9 Ounce|
|For the pommes mousseline:|
|White potatoes||5 Large|
|Double cream||200 Milliliter , warmed|
|Unsalted butter||150 Gram|
|For the pancetta & peas|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Green peas||175 Gram|
|For the apricot sauce:|
|Apricot jam||200 Gram|
|Homemade chicken stock||500 Milliliter|
|Baby parsley||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 180c/350f.
2. Season the chicken breasts skin side with salt only, place in a large non stick pan with duck fat over a high heat. Sear the chicken skin and season the flesh side with salt and pepper.
3. Cook each side for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes. Now place the pan in the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes. Remove and leave aside to rest for 10 minutes.
4. To make the pommes mousseline, cook the potatoes in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 20 minutes or until soft and tender. Drain and skin the potatoes when they are cool enough to handle.
5. Put them through a vegetable mouli or ricer and gradually beat in the butter. Place through a sieve and scrap off the underneath until you have a smooth, shiny mash. Season to taste and keep warm.
6. For the pancetta, heat olive oil in a heavy based pan, add the garlic and thyme along with the pancetta. Cook over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until crispy. Set aside.
7. Simmer the peas in salted water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
8. For the apricot sauce, into a saucepan add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add the jam and stir well until combined. Reduce by half or until thick and syrupy.
9. To serve, carve the chicken breast and lay them on the potato mash. Scatter around the pancetta and peas, spoon around the apricot sauce and garnish with baby parsley. Serve immediately. Enjoy!