This is the Ultimate Crispy Chicken Beans And Tomato One Pan Meal recipe! Whatever you call this chicken tray bake recipe, chicken sheet pan dinner recipe, or chicken one pan meal it's so easy to prepare and cook. If you don't want to use a whole chicken - use whatever parts you like, thighs or breasts.
|Canned stewed tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 can, about 398mL)|
|Canned white cannellini beans||19 Ounce , drained, rinsed (1 can, about 540mL)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) , mince|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Chicken/Chicken parts||3 Pound (about 1.6 kg)|
|Fennel seeds||2 Teaspoon (about 10 ML)|
|Coarse salt||2 Teaspoon (about 10 ML)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (for drizzling)|
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
2. Mix the beans, tomatoes, garlic and thyme leaves in a baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. In a mortar and pestle grind up the salt and fennel.
4. If using a hole chicken spatchcock or butterfly the bird.
5. Sprinkle the underside of the chicken with the ground fennel/salt mixture.
6. Place the chicken, skin side up, on the beans and sprinkle with more of the ground fennel/salt mixture.
7. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle on the remaining ground fennel/salt mixture.
8. Bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
9. Serve and enjoy!