Not only does the recipe make a TON of cookies, but you can cut them out and freeze them to bake as you need them. It takes no time for me to make the dough, roll it out and then let Kenya take over, using mini cookie cutters to pop out the sweetest, crispiest graham crackers I've ever tasted. They reminded me of the ones I used to eat as a kid, but even better!
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) ((Packed))|
|Kosher salt||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1 Tablespoon|
|Chilled butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , cubed|
|Honey||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a food processor or mixer combine the first 6 ingredients.
3. Add cubed and chilled butter to the mix and pulse/mix until it resembles coarse meal.
4. Add honey and water and continue to mix until it all combines.
5. Remove and shape the dough into a flat disk and place between two pieces of parchment paper.
6. Roll dough out until 1/4 inch thick. Cut into crackers or shapes.
7. Place cookies on a Silpat or parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
8.If you have no Whole Wheat, you can use 1 Cup Oat Bran to 2 Cups AP Flour instead of what the recipe calls for and it works perfect!
9. Cool and serve.
To Freeze: After step 6, place the cut out cookie shapes on a baking sheet and freeze for 20 minutes. Remove, place in a Ziploc bag, label and freeze for up to 4 months. When ready to bake, follow steps 7-8, adding an additional 1-2 minutes baking time.