Carrot purée is a wonderful addition to whole wheat based white sauce, as it makes it creamier and colourful too. Add to it some cheese and a dash of pepper, and you have a perfect base that kids will love. Throw some macaroni, seasonings and herbs into this creamy sauce, and there you have a yummy treat that kids will devour willingly. The Macaroni in Cheesy Carrot Sauce, prepared as per the given specifications, will stay nice and tasty in the tiffin box for at least 4 hours. Also pack Orange and Tutti Frutti Loaf ( Tiffin Treats for Kids ) in another tiffin, your kid will just love this double treat.
|Cooked macaroni||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped garlic||1 Teaspoon (lehsun)|
|Dry red chilli flakes||1 Teaspoon (paprika)|
|Dried mixed herbs||1/2 Teaspoon|
|For the sauce|
|Grated processed cheese||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Roughly chopped carrots||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (blanched)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Tablespoon (gehun ka atta)|
|Milk||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste (kalimirch)|
For the cheesy carrot sauce
1. Combine the carrot and 1/4 cup of water in a mixer and blend to a smooth mixture. Keep aside
2. Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the wheat flour and sauté on a medium flame for 20 seconds.
3. Add the milk, 1/4 cup of water, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
4. Add the cheese, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
5. Add the carrot mixture, and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute and mix well. Keep aside.
6. Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
7. Add the macaroni and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
8. Add the cheesy carrot sauce, chilli flakes and dried mixed herbs, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
9.Serve and enjoy
How to pack
Allow it to cool completely and pack in an air-tight tiffin box.