An idea thats totally out of the ordinary, easy to execute but all set to please... get ready to try out our innovative Lettuce Wraps. A colourful and crunchy assortment of veggies, sautéed lightly and mixed into a stuffing, is wrapped in lettuce leaves lined with a herby plum sauce and pungent garlic sauce. A sprinkling of spring onions adds to the taste and textural aspects of this unusual Lettuce Wrap making it an experience that denotes excitement in every dimension. Using sesame oil makes these wraps tastier and healthier too.
|For vegetable stuffing|
|Finely chopped carrot||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped baby corn||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped french beans||5 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped cabbage||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Green chilli paste||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped bean sprouts||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Roasted and powdered peanuts||2 Tablespoon|
|Pine nuts||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1 Pinch|
|Plum sauce||2 Tablespoon ((((readymade))))|
|Dried thyme||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Dried parsley||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Iceberg lettuce leaves||14|
|Red garlic sauce||3 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped spring onion greens||7 Tablespoon|
For the vegetable stuffing
1. Heat the sesame oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the carrot, baby corn, French beans, cabbage and baking soda and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Add the green chilli paste and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add the bean sprouts and sauté on a medium flame for 10 seconds.
4. Switch off the flame, add the peanuts and pinenuts and mix well. Keep aside.
5. Divide the vegetable stuffing into 14 equal portions. Keep aside.
6. Place a lettuce leaf on a clean, dry surface, put a little plum sauce in the centre and spread it evenly.
7. Place a portion of the vegetable stuffing on it and spread it evenly.
8. Finally spread tsp of red garlic sauce and sprinkle tbsp of spring onion greens evenly over it.
9. Roll it up tightly and seal it with a toothpick.
10. Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 13 more wraps.