Paneer Chili or Chili Paneer is an Indo Chinese Appetizer devoured by all, this spicy tangy stir fried cottage cheese dish is a perfect one to serve as a starter in a party or a side with fried rice or noodles.
|Plain flour||3 Tablespoon ((((Maida))))|
|Corn starch||5 Tablespoon|
|Chili sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Teaspoon (((((as needed))))|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) ((((deep fry))))|
|Corn starch||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Teaspoon ((((as needed))))|
|Chopped garlic||3 Tablespoon|
|Ginger||1 Inch , julienned|
|Sliced green chili||5|
|Spring onion white||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Spring onion greens||4 Tablespoon|
|Light soy sauce||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Chili sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Deseeded and chopped tomato||1|
|Paneer cubes||25 ((((Fried))))|
1. The first step is to make the batter for the paneer, take 3 tbsp of maida or plain flour, 5 tbsp of cornstarch, 1 tsp of salt and 2 tbsp of chili sauce. Now using some water, make a thick batter. You can totally skip the batter coating and deep frying the paneer if you want to. This just allows to hold their shape, add a crust and retain moisture.
2. Now add in the paneer cubes and mix them around using hands until well coated.
3.Add the paneer cubes one by one into hot oil and deep fry the paneer cubes in medium flame until golden and crispy.
4.Take them down to a kitchen towel lined plate once done.
5. Now for the Chili element, make the corn starch slurry for which take a tbsp of corn starch and add in 2-3 tbsp of water and mix it well.
6. Next take 2 tbsp of oil in a very hot wok, to which add in chopped garlic, sliced green chili, julienne of ginger and stir around for a few seconds.
7. Next ingredient is onion shells, white of green onion and salt. Stir and cook for a minute. Add in diced capsicum, some green onion, pepper powder, soy sauce, 2-3 tbsp of chili sauce and mix around as we don't want anything to burn. Next add in a tbsp of ketchup and give it a mix, pour in a few tbsp of water to adjust the consistency, this needs to be saucy at this stage. Add in some cornstarch slurry, about a tbsp of it.
8. After it boils around for a good minute or two, ensuring the corn starch is cooked, add in 1 deseeded tomato, which is optional and give it a final mix before adding the deep fried paneer cubes.
9. A good sprinkle of green onions
10.Serve and enjoy!