Chana- Chickpeas are really healthy, full of fiber, protein rich and taste so good in a masala curry. Chana Masala curry is easy to make and is a great dish to sere to your guests when they come over for dinner. Here's how you can convert simple chickpeas into exotic curry.
|Chickpeas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Mango powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Crushed coriander seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||4 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. Soak chickpeas in water overnight or atleast an hour.
2. Discard the water and get your cooker ready.
3. Make onion paste with ginger, garlic and onions.
4. Heat oil in the cooker.
5. Fry cumin, coriander, cinnamon, bay leaf and black cardamom.
6. Add green chill and onions. Mix in salt, turmeric and red chilli powder.
7. Mix in tomato puree ( by blending 2 tomatoes with 2 tbsp of water). Cook for 3-4 mins.
8.Add chick peas, amchur/ mango powder, tomato paste. Mix well.
9. Add water
10. Cover the lid and cook for 3-4 whistles ( if chick peas were presoaked), if unsoaked - longer.
11. Once the cooker has cooled down, open the lid and garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve with Coconut Rice.