Chole Bhature making made easy! Chole is basically Garbanzo beans(Chick Peas) which is great source of Protein and Bhature is fried Indian bread which can be prepared with other options as well.
Chole Bhature is very popular combination in India which is also known by different names such as Chana Masala, Chana Puri but Puris usually prepared with wheat flour.
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Semolina||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Sour curd||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (as needed)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Ginger paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiled chickpeas||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chole masala||To Taste|
|Red chili powder||To Taste|
|Chopped coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. For the dough : In a bowl place flour, add baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, semolina and mix well. Add curd and mix well again, add water little at a time and prepeare a tight dough, cover with a damp cloth and allow to rest for 2-3 hours.
2. For Chole: In a pan heat oil, add onion, turmeric powder, salt and allow the onions to cook for sometime. Add ginger and garlic paste, when the onions are done add tomatoes and stir to mix, add water, stir again, cover and cook until the tomates are done.
3. Add in the chickpeas, chole masala, red chili powder, stir to mix. add coriander.
4. For Bhature : Lighty knead the dough for few seconds, take a lemon sized portion, roll into a ball and then flatten, press several times to make it crack free. Roll into thin circles, repeat to make several bhaturas.
5. In a wok heat oil and fry the bhaturas from both sides.
6. Plate the chole along with bhaturas and serve.