Mixed vegetable paratha, a wholesome breakfast option of North India, which is so tasty that it does not even require a side dish! Grab all the veggies you can find in your refrigerator and stuff it into this paratha. A sprinkling of spices improves the taste of this parathas, while a dollop of butter further enhances it flavors.
|Whole wheat flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted clarified butter||1 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat flour||4 Tablespoon (gehun ka atta (For dusting))|
|Water||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|For the stuffing|
|Chopped boiled vegetables||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) (carrots , french beans and green peas)|
|Finely chopped onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boiled mashed potatoes||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Finely chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon (dhania)|
|Finely chopped green chillies||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||2 Pinch|
|Oil||3 Teaspoon (for cooking the parathas)|
FOR THE ROTI
1. In a deep bowl, combine together all the dough ingredients and knead into a semi-soft dough. Cover and keep aside for 10 - 15 minutes.
2. Now divide the dough into five equal parts and flatten each portion of the dough onto your rolling board using rolling pin into 6 inch diameter circle using little amount of wheat flour.
3. On a hot griddle, place the rotis one by one and cook lightly on both sides. Cook each roti very lightly on both sides. Cover the rotis with a muslin cloth and keep aside
FOR THE STUFFING
4. In a broad non stick pan, add oil and when hot add onions and sauté for a minute or two until onions turn translucent. Now mix in mixed vegetables and potatoes, and cook for a minute or two, while stirring intermittently.
5. Add coriander, green chilies, chili powder, garam masala, and salt. Mix properly and cook for another minute. Turn off heat and keep aside for a while.
6. Divide the stuffing into five parts and keep aside.
7. On a flat and dry surface, place a roti and spread one portion of the stuffing on one half of it and fold it over to form a semi-circle.
8. On a hot non stick tava, place the stuffed paratha and cook using little oil, until golden brown from both sides.
9. Repeat the above steps to make four more parathas.
10. Serve the parathas hot with fresh yogurt.
Calories 353Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.9%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 145 mg6.04%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.7%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 8 g16%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 1765Calories from Fat 475
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.5%
Saturated Fat 5 g25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 725 mg30.2%
Total Carbohydrates 295 g98.5%
Dietary Fiber 35 g140%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 40 g80%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet