This traditional favorite is made using meat chunks in a flavorful curry and finished off with some ground meat. This can be made using mutton or lamb. It's simply delicious! Presented by Karen Ahmed.
1. For the spice mix – in a pan, dry roast all the spices and grind. Set aside.
1. In a large pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and add in the mutton and brown for 5 minutes. Simultaneously in a small pan, heat the remaining oil and add in the onion. Cook until brown.
2. Add in onion to the mutton and season with coriander and spice mix. Stir well and add in the ginger – garlic paste and cook for a few minutes.
3. Season with red chili paste and stir, followed by the tomatoes and mix well cover with lid and cook for 2 hours.
4. In between add 1 cup of water and after 15 – 20 minutes remove the lid and stir everything well. Season with salt and cover and cook for 30 minutes, whenever water is required keep adding it.
5. Add in the yogurt and mix well. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Add in the ground mutton and stir, followed by the water and black pepper cover and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Garnish the mutton with coriander and serve.