Corn and vegetable ring with coconut curry is an elaborate dish fit for a party. It involves making the corn and vegetable ring with mixed veggies, rice and corn preparing the coconut curry and then assembling both neatly to ensure an alluring visual appeal. It will take time, but definitely worth the effort as your guests are sure to be delighted.
|For corn vegetable mixture|
|Cooked rice||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boiled mashed potatoes||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped boiled vegetables||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) (french beans , carrots and green peas)|
|Sweet corn kernels||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) , coarsely crushed (makai ke dane)|
|Mustard seeds||1 1/2 Teaspoon (rai/sarson)|
|Sesame seeds||2 Teaspoon (til)|
|Asafoetida||1/4 Teaspoon (hing)|
|Chopped cashew nuts||2 Tablespoon (kaju)|
|Chopped coriander||5 Tablespoon|
|Chopped green chilies||3|
|Grated coconut||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|For coconut sauce|
|Clarified butter||1 Tablespoon (ghee)|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon (jeera)|
|Green chilies||3 , cut into halves vertically|
|Curry leaves||5 (kadi patta)|
|Coconut milk||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) (nariyal ka doodh)|
|Cornflour||1/2 Tablespoon , dissolved in 1/4 cup water|
|Chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon|
FOR THE CORN AND VEGETABLE MIXTURE
1. Make the green paste by blending together all the ingredients in the mixer.
2. In a bowl, combine together rice, mixed vegetables, potatoes, sweet corn, salt, and green paste and mix properly. Keep it aside.
3. In a non stick pan, add oil, and when hot, add mustard seeds. As soon as the seeds start crackling, add sesame seeds, and sauté for a few seconds, before adding asafoetida and cashew nuts.
4. Sauté for a minute or two, and then add half the tempering to corn and vegetable mixture. Mix properly and keep it aside.
5. Grease a ring mould and pour the remaining half tempering into it.
6. Preheat the oven.
FOR THE COCONUT SAUCE
7. In a broad non stick pan, add clarified butter and when hot, add cumin seeds. As soon as the seeds start crackling, add green chilies and curry leaves. Sauté for a few seconds, and add coconut milk, corn flour-water mixture, and salt. Mix properly and cook for a minute or two, while stirring continuously.
8. Now add lemon juice and sugar, followed by adding coriander after a minute or so. Mix well and keep aside.
9. Now take the ring mould with tempering, and arrange tomato slices and capsicum pieces in it. Put the vegetable and corn mix in an even manner and press properly.
10. Cover the ring mould and cook in pre-heated oven at 180 degrees C (360 degrees F) for 10 minutes.
11. When done, take out the ring mould and invert it over a plate. Tap sharply so as to un-mould the vegetable-corn ring.
12. Pour coconut sauce in the center of vegetable-corn ring, and serve immediately.
Calories 606Calories from Fat 300
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.8%
Saturated Fat 17 g85%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 172 mg7.17%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.7%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 11 g22%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 2424Calories from Fat 1200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 140 g215.2%
Saturated Fat 68 g340%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 688 mg28.68%
Total Carbohydrates 272 g90.8%
Dietary Fiber 40 g160%
Sugars 28 g
Protein 44 g88%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet