A rich curry where chicken pieces are cooked in aromatic kohlapuri masala.
|For marinating chicken|
|Boneless chicken pieces||300 Gram|
|Yogurt||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Juice of lemon||1|
|For kohlapur masala|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon stick||1/2 Inch|
|Crushed black pepper||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Grated coconut||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato||1 , chopped finely|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl, marinate chicken pieces with yogurt, cayenne pepper powder, lemon juice, and salt to taste. Mix well and keep aside for half an hour.
For Kolhapuri Masala:
2. In a pan, heat vegetable oil, add bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves, and chopped onion. Mix well.
3. Add crushed black pepper and saute until onion turn translucent.
4. Stir in grated coconut, fry till coconut changes color, add chopped tomato, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes. Cool and puree the mixture in a blender.
5. In the same pan, heat vegetable oil and add the marinated chicken pieces. Cook for 20-25 minutes on low flame. Stir regularly.
6. Add 3 tablespoons of kolhapuri masala and mix well on a low flame for 5 minutes.
7. Serve hot.