A restaurant style dish where chicken is marinated in yogurt with spices and served in a rich creamy tomato sauce.
|Boneless chicken cubes||250 Gram|
|Marinade for tikkas|
|Yogurt||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red chili powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Juice of lemon||1 Large|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato||1 Large , chopped finely|
|Onion||1 Large , finely chopped|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl place boneless chicken and add yogurt, red chili powder (½ tsp), ginger paste, garlic paste, cumin powder, garam masala powder, lemon juice, and salt to taste. Mix well and set aside for at least 1 hour.
2. Heat the pan with butter, add your marinated chicken pieces and cook until done. Frequently turn to ensure that chicken remains tender and moist. Do not overcook.
3. In another pan heat vegetable oil, add garlic paste and ginger paste. Fry a little and add chopped onion. Keep heat on high to slightly caramelize the onions. Caramelizing onions enhances the flavors for this dish.
4. When onions turn golden, add chopped tomato and keep frying on medium heat until the oil separates.
5. Add cumin powder, and coriander powder. Mix well.
6. Season with sugar, and salt to taste.
7. Add the chicken tikka pieces in the gravy and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes on a low flame and let the flavors mingle a little.
8. Add milk and stir it continuously.
9. Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot