Egg Pulav is just perfect for egg lovers like me, though I dont eat meat, my dear hubby and me love to have eggs. We enjoy a lot when I make this dish. This is not only great casual home cooking recipe but also serves as a great main dish for parties. Serve this for your next party or get together and your guests will be amazed by this simple yet aromatic treat!
|For the egg mixture|
|Cumin powder||1/8 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|For the egg curry base|
|Cloves||3 Small (2|
|Black cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon piece||1 Inch|
|Black cardamom||1 Small|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs) , slice|
|Green chillies||2 Medium , chop (more or less to taste)|
|Minced ginger||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Coriander powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Cilantro||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , chop|
|For the cooking rice|
|Basmathi rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) , washed (and drained)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Boiled eggs||2 Medium , halved|
1. In a bowl beat the 2 eggs with salt, cumin powder, red chili powder and coriander powder, set aside.
2. In a saucepan place 2 eggs and pour enough water that would cover the eggs or 1 inch above the eggs. Bring it to a boil and then cover the lid and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Once done cool down the eggs and remove the shell, cut into halve, set aside.
4. In a pan pour ghee and add the basmati rice, fry the rice for few minutes, set aside.
5. In the same pan pour ghee, oil and add cinnamon stick, black cumin seeds, cloves and black cardamom, cook for 30 seconds.
6. Add onion and cook until soft. Add green chilies, ginger and garlic and cook until the raw smell goes away.
7. Add the cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, cilantro and enough salt, cook for 30 seconds and then pour the beaten egg mixture and cook for 2 minutes.
8. Add the basmati rice and the onion and egg masala mixture into a rice cooker. Pour 2 cups of water. Cook for 30-45 minutes
9. Add the boiled eggs at this time if not then add when the rice is 70 percent cooked. Continue to cook for the remaining cooking time.
10. Serve with raitha or any milk gravy curry.
If you do not have a rice cooker you can pressure cook the rice.
Calories 506Calories from Fat 201
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.4%
Saturated Fat 6 g30%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1164 mg48.5%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 15 g30%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 1518Calories from Fat 603
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g106.2%
Saturated Fat 18 g90%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3492 mg145.5%
Total Carbohydrates 183 g60.9%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 45 g90%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet