Marinated Paneer is pan fried and simmered in a creamy tomato gravy. YUMMM!!!
|For the marinade|
|Paneer cubes||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , cubed|
|Hung yogurt/Greek yogurt||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion chunks||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Kashmiri red chilli powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Ginger garlic||1/2 Tablespoon , mince|
|Dry fenugreek leaves||1 Teaspoon , crush|
|For the gravy|
|Cinnamon stick piece||1 Inch|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large , finely chopped|
|Tomato puree||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (2 large tomato used)|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Kashmiri red chilli powder||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (as desired)|
|Heavy cream||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|To fry paneer and vegetables|
|Oil||4 Teaspoon , divided|
For the marinade
1. In a mixing bowl combine hung yogurt, red chili powder, garam masala powder, ginger garlic paste, salt, lemon juice, oil, fenugreek leaves.
2. Equally divide the marinade into two separate bowls, marinade one with the paneer and the other with onions and red pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes
For the tomato gravy
3. In a wide pan pour 2 tablespoon of oil and season the cinnamon stick, cloves and sauté for 10 minutes until fragrant.
4. Add onions and sauté until they are soft, add ginger garlic paste and fry for 2 minutes or until the raw smell are gone.
5. Add the spices red chili powder, cumin powder and coriander powder, fry everything for 30 seconds, do not burn the spices.
6. Add tomato puree and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until oil oozes out from the side of the pan. Pour water and reduce the heat, continue to simmer.
7. In another skillet pour two teaspoon of oil and fry the vegetables on high heat for few minutes, reduce the flame to medium and keep stirring and cooking until the vegetables crisp tender or until partially cooked.
8. Once the vegetables are cooked turn off the heat and transfer the vegetables in a bowl, set aside.
9. In the same skillet, pour 2 teaspoon of oil and fry the marinated paneer until golden brown on all sides.
10. Once done turn off the heat and add the paneer and vegetables to the tomato gravy. Stir everything until well combined.
11. Add in the cream and salt, bring the sauce to a boil, adjust the seasoning at this point and then turn off the heat.
12. Serve the Paneer Tikka Masala with Roti or Naan.
Calories 472Calories from Fat 300
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.3%
Saturated Fat 9 g45%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 872 mg36.33%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 14 g
Protein 18 g36%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 1416Calories from Fat 900
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102 g156.9%
Saturated Fat 27 g135%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2616 mg108.99%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g27.9%
Dietary Fiber 18 g72%
Sugars 42 g
Protein 54 g108%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet