This homemade green mango jam is the best flavor of summer, which you can also enjoy for some more time, even if summer is gone. It does not have any preservative or any chemical food color or fragrance. The freshness of this jam will brighten up your day.
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cardamom pods||4 , crushed|
1. Wash the green mangoes thoroughly and let them boil in 2-3 cups of water, until the mangoes turn tender and soft. Discard the boiling water and allow the mangoes to cool down at room temperature.
2. Peel out the mangoes and in a large bowl, collect the mango pulp. Discard the mango stone.
3. In a deep saucepan, add the sugar, salt and 1/2 cup water. Place the saucepan on medium heat and allow the sugar to melt by stirring occasionally.
4. Once the syrup is ready, add the crushed cardamom pods and mango pulp. Keep on stirring and allow the mixture to simmer for 15-20 minutes on low-medium heat, until it starts to get sticky.
5. Remove from heat and with a spoon, remove the cardamom pods.
6. In a clean glass bottle, transfer the hot jam and allow it to cool down at room temperature without covering the lid. You may lightly cover the jam with clean cloth or tissue paper. Put the lid on, only when the jam is completely cooled to room temperature.
7. Store in refrigerator and serve with bread or paratha.
This homemade jam can be used refrigerated for at least 1 month.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1944Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.1%
Saturated Fat %
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1950 mg81.25%
Total Carbohydrates 503 g167.7%
Dietary Fiber 11 g44%
Sugars 488 g
Protein 3 g6%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet