Learn how to make Aaloo bukhare ka sharbat (i.e. Plum drink) by simply boiling plums, adding sea salt, fennel seeds and jaggery. This is a great summer drink because plums are inherently a coolant by nature.
|Plums||5 Medium , halved (Ripe plums used)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs) (3 Glasses of water used just enough to cover the plums)|
|Fennel seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt/Regular salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a pot, boil 5 ripe plums in 3 glasses of water. Once the water starts boiling, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes.
2. Once done, take the pot off the heat and let it cool.
3. When cooled, peel the plums and mash them in water.
4. Using a strainer, strain the prepared juice through it into another pot.
5. Add jaggery, fennel seeds and sea salt. Bring the juice to a boil and once the jaggery has melted and blended in, turn off the heat. Let the sharbat cool down.
6. Once cooled, refrigerate until served.
7. Serve chilled.