Basmati rice is a fragrant rice which steams beautifully. The lemon extracts used here enhance the nutritive value of the dish and imparts it with a wonderful citrus like taste and aroma at the same time.
|Basmati rice grains||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Wash the rice grains and place them flat on a clean tray or kitchen paper until the grains are dry enough to be separated properly.
2. Take a pressure cooker and heat it.
3. Add the butter to it until it melts properly.
4. Add the washed and dried rice grains to it and stir it thoroughly until each grain is coated in butter.
5. Add water to the rice.
7. Add the lemon juice, lemon leaves and green chillies to the rice and close the pressure cooker firmly.
8. Wait for 2 minutes or until you hear the first whistle of the pressure cooker.
9. Remove from heat and keep aside for a couple of minutes.
10. Open lid and scatter the lemon rind on the cooked rice.
11. Put the pressure cooker low heat without the lid an stir lightly mixing the lemon rind into it.
Garnish with lemon leaves and circular lemon rings and serve hot with vegetable or chicken curry
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1044Calories from Fat 330
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.5%
Saturated Fat 23 g115%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 403 mg16.79%
Total Carbohydrates 162 g54%
Dietary Fiber %
Sugars 11 g
Protein 13 g26%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet