|Dry ingredients for the dough|
|Bread flour/Plain flour||3 cups + vital wheat gluten|
|Baking soda/Egg||1 medium / ener|
|Rapid rise yeast||2 1/4 Teaspoon (Active Dry Yeast)|
|Wet ingredients for the dough|
|Lukewarm milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lukewarm water||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (About 110 F)|
|Melted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|For coating the dough|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (As needed to coat the dough and bowl)|
|For greasing the dinner rolls|
|Butter||2 Teaspoon (As needed)|
To prepare the dough:
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients for the dough, mix well.
2. In a separate jar, take lukewarm milk. Into this add lukewarm water, mix lightly and set aside.
3. Into the bowl with dry ingredients, add the melted butter, using your hands mix well to get a crumbled mixture.
4. Gradually add the milk and water mixture (a little at a time), and knead to get a sticky ball of dough.
5. Coat the dough with oil, and grease the bowl (used to keeping the dough to rest) also with oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rest for 20 minutes, inside the oven or microwave oven. (Do not turn on the oven)
6. Meanwhile, grease a baking dish and set aside.
7. After about 20 - 25 minutes, grease your hands and the counter top with some oil and spread the dough over it as shown in the video.
8. Then, cut 12 equal portions from the dough, roll them into balls and arrange in the greased baking dish (leaving space between each ball).
9. Brush each ball with milk / butter/ water or egg wash (if using egg), cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and let it rest until each ball doubles in size.
10. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
11. Bake for about 25 - 30 minutes, or until the top of the roll is golden brown.
12. Once done, grease the top of the dinner rolls with a little butter, and they are ready to serve.
13. Serve as dinner rolls with any of your favorite dishes, or as Pav (Indian Pav Bhaji).
For this recipe, you can use wheat flour or a combination of wheat flour and plain flour.
Chef recommends combination of plain flour with vital wheat gluten for best results.
While baking, use can flavor the dough with your favorite spices, sesame seeds or cheese as per your choice.
It is very important to allow the dough to rise for a long duration, for the second rise.
Use water in place of milk.
Use margarine in place of butter.
Calories 306Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.5%
Saturated Fat 5 g25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 569 mg23.71%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 8 g16%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 1836Calories from Fat 636
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g111%
Saturated Fat 30 g150%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3414 mg142.26%
Total Carbohydrates 246 g82.2%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 24 g
Protein 48 g96%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet